How do I get information for geriatric and pediatric nurses
To get information about pediatric nursing or geriatric nursing:
- go to college webpage, and then to the library portion.
- when in the library, don't use the "Search Anything" box at the top. Instead, go to the lower right hand side of the papge, and click on "Databases."
- Next click on the link for "Nursing and Allied Health."
- Then, as a suggestion use, "Proquest Nursing and Allied Health Source Journals (Proquest)" as a starting point. It is a large database that contains many health education resources.
- Next enter "pediatric nursing" in the box that comes up, and use this term as a subject heading by clicking in the drop down box at the right side of the page
- You can limit the publication date of the article via the drop down box below if you want just recent articles.
- Do a separate search for geriatric nursing to get information on this topic.
Good luck to you, and feel free to come into the library to work with a reference librarian to help you with this search.
Barbara Stransky, KCKCC Reference Librarian